wallsinead

Window sill height very high

S Wall
last year

Hello - we are on track to complete on a 4 bed end of Terrace Arts & Crafts house and I am busy planning the work required. One of the compromises we need make is the position of the window in the 3rd bedroom. It is at the back of the house next to the main bathroom. It will be our 4 year olds bedroom.

The window starts very very high off the floor - approx. 150cm. The window is pretty tall so lots of light. It is unbalanced to have such a high window sill. The house is in a conservation area and requires planning for all/ any change. The bathroom window is lower than the bedroom window (see image) so possibly the council would approve lowering to make symmetrical. It seems for neighbouring houses that there was once 2 small windows in the bathroom and the house we are purchasing created one at the level of the lowest window - no planning record so maybe opening a can of worms.

In any case...I don't think we will pursue planning permission. Any design tricks to trick the eye would be very welcome!

Thank you.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.