carissamac

Kitchen layout help

carissamac
last year
last modified: last year

We have recently moved into a new house where they have had a side extension done, but the old structural walls are still in place.

Without having to make any structural changes, how would you layout a new kitchen? it just isnt working for us at the moment, the island is huge (it does have cuboard space underneath though) and it feels as though the side extension is just a corridor and therefore not adding anything. we are thinking of getting rid of the door from the dining room to the kitchen, and turning it into a window so we still get the light, but strugging on how to design the layout better! Would love to be able to fit a dining table in there along with a breakfast bar or island, but not sure this will be possible. any suggestions?!

Thank you!

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.