webuser_102565140

Kitchen colours

J B
last year

Hi everyone, I need some help choosing colours for my kitchen walls and cabinets. The image shows part of our kitchen design- it’s mostly accurate except the double doors on the right are fully glazed and we’ve ditched the wall cabinets above the sink.
We have plastered walls and bulkheads surrounding the units as you can see from the image. I’m not sure if these walls should blend in with the cabinets or offer up a contrast.
The kitchen is north facing- fully glazed on one side with a velux to gain more light although it’s a flat north light. The floor will be Karndean opus niveus which is a pale oak colour. We’re planning to get a calacutta gold quartz worktop which is a white marble with grey veins and some subtle gold veins (photo below). We’ve chosen brushed brass handles.
We like little greene slaked lime 105 and have already chosen this for all our internal doors and skirting. I’d like to use the same colour for the full height units in the kitchen- unless there’s any reason we shouldn’t? We’ll go with a dark colour for the island- maybe Little Greene dock blue or even F&B pitch black- but I think I’d prefer a dark blue. I’m not sure whether to go with the dark colour for the base cabinets below the sink or keep them ‘off white’.
I’m considering using the same colour for the cabinets, doors and walls- little Greene slaked lime 105. Is that too much? Should I go a shade or 2 darker if we want a contrast (slaked lime mid or deep). I’m just not sure… any thoughts? Or any other colours I should consider? The room is quite large and open plan- there’s a dining area to the right of the image which you can’t see and an informal play area to the left. Whatever colour we choose for the walls in the kitchen are would probably be used in these areas as they share walls.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.