webuser_92499503

Floor Plan Ideas Welcome

David
last year

Hi, we moved into our new home in the summer and are planning to change the layout of the ground floor. I do not believe we will require an extension and dont believe our budget would support this but want to make better use of the existing space.

We have three kids under 10 so want to maintain a family space and adult area.

We have two architects coming round over the next few weeks but seen some great idea suggestions on here so thought I would post.

Highlevel our brief would be:

• Open plan kitchen/dining/family space.
  • Happy to make use of half of the garage space to include in living space and ideally utility room.
  • Would like to review the access to the rear garden and look at patio doors etc
  • If the staircase is to remain within the main living space I would like to make a feature out of this.
  • Access from the front to the back of the house to be reviewed as not a huge fan of the walkway through the front room.
  • Ideally maintain a front room/separate space for adults.

All suggestions are appreciated as just looking for ideas.

Thanks

David

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.