sara_crotty24

Is my house sinking?

Sara Crotty
last year

Hi,
So I have been living in my house for 8 years now ( the house is around 20 years old ) and recently I have been noticing more and more cracks on the inside.
Specifically the living room. Which has a hairline crack going from one side of the room to the other. Half way along the wall the hairline crack turns from horizontal to diagonal. Also, directly below this wall my wood flooring has sunk a little below the skirting board.
Other hairline cracks have appeared above door frames.
Outside my home there are a few issues too. The plasters around either side of the front door has been breaking away and there is a large crack in the concrete ground in front of my home.
It is worth adding that all the houses on my estate have been underpinned around 10 years ago.
Could the house still be sinking?

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.