BathroomsHallwaysStorage

Wanting a entrance hall/porch extension with cupboard & downstairs WC

josie henderson

Hello, we do have some room to the side of our property and the front as we have a corner plot but wouldn’t want to take up too much of the garden as to the side of our house is where we get the most sun. But any ideas on where to fit a storage space/utility space, maybe leading to the understairs cupboard so we can block that door off in the living room? and also a downstairs wc somewhere. Thanks :)

The Living House
    last modified: 4 months ago

Hi josie henderson, have you taken a look if other houses on your street that have been up for sale recently have done something similar? That can be a great way to see whats possible. If you are planning to extend you may find our blog post helpful, which is all about mistakes to avoid when extending your home. Here is the link if you would like to take a look - https://www.thelivinghouse.co.uk/blog-interior-design-tips/the-6-most-common-mistakes-we-see-when-you-extend-your-home

You may also find our Facebook group community helpful, its another place to ask questions and gain free advice from like minded interior lovers and us as experts! Here is the link if you would like to join - https://www.facebook.com/groups/interiorhomedesignadviceandsupportuk

• tab darcy

A single storey extension down the right hand side, of only 2-3m wide would solve most of the issues. The back half for loo and laundry, front half is new hallway ( maybe with rooflights) , convert current front door to window.

• josie henderson

never thought of moving the door to the side! thanks so much

Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.