jason_ni_2022

Massive Chimney Breast - Off Centre Fireplace, any ideas?

Jason W
last year

Hi,

First time poster so apologies if this is in the incorrect section!

In our soon to be new home, there is a huge chimney breast, as can be seen in the photos attached.

You could fit in 2 fireplaces with the size of the breast. What are the options?

Would it be a massive task to move and centre the fireplace(And maybe reduce the breast either side?)

Alternative could be to put a stove in the recess of the current fireplace, and then an additional recess of similar size for firewood on the right of the breast where the plant is, or would that look weird?(Would this also mean having the hearth extended from the site of the new stove to the wood recess in order for it to look right/centered)

Any other suggestions are welcome? I think in the long run the off centred fire place might start to annoy me!

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.