davidanthony_betts

Wasted space inbuilt wardrobe advive/help

Dave Bettz
last year
last modified: last year

This is our built in wardrobe and I'm looking for advice on how we can maximise the space I feel like it's unorganised and a mess.
I can clear the whole top shelf, it would be nice if we could add another rail but it's quite high. The top shelf is quite high so will make it difficult to get stuff down from.
We've also alot of shoes / trainers at the bottom.

Comments (6)

• Dave Bettz
    Original Author
    last year

• Kittihawke
    last year

You can get pull down rails for wardrobes so it wouldn't matter of another rail was quite high up

• Sonia
    last year

Is that your only wardrobe and is it shared?

• Dave Bettz
    Original Author
    last year

Yes its shared we have a ikea pax in the 2nd bedroom which has coats and jumpers in.

• Sonia
    last year

I would suggest it isn’t enough for 2 people. Ideally each person should have their own wardrobe, but I know that’s easier said than done. Have you had a declutter of the clothes? If you haven’t worn something for a year, I suggest you give it to charity or try to sell it. My wardrobe was so chockablock that I pulled everything out and sorted it into keep, charity shop or sell. Now I can actually see all my clothes and it is easier to manage. We all keep stuff for far too long, and sometimes it is time to let it go. Looking again, you could add another rail below the one you have, so you’ve twice the capacity, but it needs to be short things like tops at the top and trousers/skirts at the bottom. I would sort all the stuff at the bottom and decide if it is needed.

• juliet291
    last year

Elfa have good organising solutions for wardrobe interiors - see https://www.aplaceforeverything.co.uk/category/wardrobe-storage. here’s an example

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.