weegee75

Living room paint colour for former rental flat

Gordon
last year

Hi,

I'm about to move back to my Victorian flat and before doing so, it'll undergo a much-needed update to the decor as it hasn't been touched in 10+ years!!.

Proposal is to start with the living room so I'm requesting advice on the colour scheme for the walls and want a lighter, neutral feel to the room rather than the rich red. The room is approximately south facing so get a good amount of natural light throughout the day. Initial thought is something akin to below.

Edinburgh Victorian Terrace · More Info

For reference, attached are a few images of the room and in terms of furniture and fixtures, the only aspects that are remaining is the leather armchair and the sanded floorboards (which also need a minor refurb).

Another option is to link a neutral colour scheme to the tiled insert but unsure if this is a good idea or where to start.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

G

Comments (16)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.