shueyb_gandapur

Another long living/dining room thread

I have seen several threads here about how best to furnish a long living & dining room. I am faced with a similar problem as I am moving into a house that has a long through lounge, with the additional dilemma of the location of the entrance door into the lounge and a small corner behind the cloak room. Picture of the floorplan and how the current owners have furnished it are attached. To be honest, the current setting looks very inefficient.

In the long run, I was thinking of knocking down the cloak room to add it to the living room, however one of the pillars will stay as it supports the upper story. I would be grateful for any suggestions about how best to utilise the living room space with sofas and a small dining table.

There's scope for extension of the house as well, into the garden, but that's not something I would invest into right away.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.