webuser_604161716

Painting advice… slopped ceilings

L J
last year

Hi everyone,

I’ve just moved into a top floor apartment and it has a lot of interesting slopped ceilings, which I love, but I’m unsure how to paint it.

The previous owners created a line where a traditional ceiling would be, which I don’t personally like.

So I think my options would be to…
A) paint the walls and ceiling the same colour: but would this create too small a space?

B) put a dado rail of some sorts (a nice one!) where the walls meet the ceiling to create an interesting divide: but would this be too much white space?

I’d like consistency throughout the rooms, so what I do in one room I’d like to match throughout.

I want the apartment to feel cosy, so I’m probably going for warmer, rich paint colours, but I don’t want it to feel small.

A lot of inspiration I’ve seen online are for places that are an interesting shape, and a bit more architecturally thought-out. Sadly I’m in a new-ish build where they have just built what they need to!

Would love to hear what others think, and any suggestions as I’m new to the world of painting my rooms after years of renting!

Some of the estate agent pics….

Comments (14)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.