marie_butler89

Layout help! Can we fit a dining table?

Maria
last year

Hi all, just joined and first time posting :)

Last year we knocked down our kitchen wall and turned the downstairs of our small terraced house open plan.

Its an awkward L-shape so we’ve ended up with one half kitchen and one half living room. I love the new kitchen and space but I really miss having a dining table. We have a breakfast bar but theres no overhang on the kitchen side so not comfy to gather round it really.

Can anyone suggest a layout that could incorporate a dining table? Driving me mad! I accept we may need new sofa and to get rid of chairs, but the chaise sofa alone is not big enough for 4 comfortably, we have tried!

All i can think of is to lose the blue chairs and put a small dining bench under the tv, although I’m not sure it would look right. I have been thinking about possibly adding a conservatory/orangery anyway to give us a bit more space, but curious to see how the current layout could be improved first.

house pics and stolen floorplan from rightmove (which is mirror image of our house) is attached!

TIA

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.