webuser_585291985

Laying aggregate between pavers

HU-585291985
last year

Hi, i want to lay some 10mm limestone aggregate between some pavers. the pavers are laid out like strpping stones through a garden bed so there is currently just soil between the pavers. the gap between the pavers is small, 20 cm. i would normally lay weed suprpessant membrane before the aggregate but worried the gap is just too small to do this.

ive attached a photo of the look i want to achieve. do you think they laid membrane between the pavers before adding the gravel? im worried if i dont use membrane then the gravel will migrate onto the stepping stones. but when ive laid membrane before i used quite bulky plastic fixing anchors and just not sure how to do it with this small gap.

thanks

Comments (3)

• Wumi
    last year

I’d lift the pavers, level add membrane then re-lay pavers

• HU-585291985
    Original Author
    last year

Thanks wumi. unfortunatelt i cant lift the pavers as they are concreted in

• Sonia
    last year

Charlie Dimmock said that there’s no point in laying membrane as the weeds still seed themselves in any form of gravel. I have membrane under gravel in my front garden and I still get loads of weeds. Most weeds are airborne so will tuck themselves within gravel and grow in it. Your picture looks like a very new garden as the gravel is so white, would be interesting to see how it looks one year on.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.