steve_r42

Which Shutter type is Best for our Edwardian Terrace

Steve
last year
last modified: last year

We are getting wooden shutters for our lounge and front bedroom. We have a mid-terrace, Edwardian house with modern windows (the photo is of a similar house to ours for illustrative purposes with similar windows).

The decor for both the bedroom and lounge (and the house as a whole) is traditional with modern flourishes, trying my best to respect the period features. In the lounge we are having restored pine floorboards, we have nice cornicing (like the picture)

A traditional fireplace (highlight gas fire with Aegean Limestone surround and polished granite hearth), traditional style bookshelves (with cabinets underneath) in the recesses, scroll arm sofas and armchair etc. I just wanted some help in choosing whether to have rods or no rods for the lounge and front bedroom shutters? I know rods look more traditional, but will it look strange in the more modern windows? Any interior design help would be appreciated :)

Shutters with Rods
Shutters without Rods

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.