webuser_768402840

Garden and nails

HU-768402840
last year

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well. Seems like a heatwave, thankfully one more day to go !

Things are progressing but at a very slow pace. I reckon another 2 months to go!

Just thought I could help out with the garden patio. Please see pics enclosed, some of the slabs are loose or wobble all over. While some are rock solid. Could I put some good quality cement and fix it? After a good powerwash

Any role of paint here?

Also, wrt the interior,I thought of nailing some curtain rods and brackets besides the usual nails to hold up pics . Any recommendations for curtains/ rods and how to drill or hammer nails in?

Thanks

Mel

Comments (3)

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

Please advise if my plan to spruce up the patio seems fine

Once the builders are done and the weeds, and rubbish are cleared, give it a good powerwash

Then use the sika mix to fix all the deficits between the paving blocks

After which, to try and fix the loose slabs, as in the last pic, with Bostik cement

Does it sound like a plan?

What colour is the above stone? Grey or just stone colour?

Please see some of the pics from amazon enclosed within

Thanks

Mel

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

Which colour matches the patio stones?

The above for cemenbt

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

Hi

Which cement or mortar is the best, to fix loose stones on the retaining wall?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.