camille_melanie

Dark Blue kitchens trend to a end? should I go for something else?

C D
last year

Hi all
We have been planning our house extension/renovation for the last 5 years (!!) and we are finally on the construction phase.
I always wanted and planned from the start to have a dark blue kitchen (think F&B stiffkey blue).

But it is now everywhere and at least 3 of my friends have had a dark blue kitchen installed in the last 2 years.

I know I should follow my heart, it is my house bla-bla-bla 😉

But I am concerned that dark blue kitchen trend is at it’s peak and will soon start decline. And I am concerne that our brand new kitchen (costing us £££!) will be very soon out of date and be perceived as a 2010’s kitchen (even if it will be installed in the 2020’s!).

I am not sure what to do…
I don’t know which other color to choose.

Our plan is to have the main units in grey (Purbeck stone F&B) and the island in blue (Stiffkey Blue F&B) so if I replace the blue, I am not sure what else to put…

Happy to get views on color trends and other color to consider!
Many thanks 🙏

Comments (27)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.