Masonry and window colour combination makeover

Leilah Harmer
last year

HHSP

Comments (7)

• Leilah Harmer
    Original Author
    last year

Help! I'm going round in circles with colour combinations for the house and timber windows. The obvious choice for the house is white but the house gets soo dirty being so close to the roadᾓ7‍♀️. I was thinking for the door and windows a F&B green but I think most of the houses in the village are either french gray or beigy so kinda wanting something different. Would love to see similar houses made pretty and with contrast????

• Ricky Watkins
    last year

Chalk white k-rend for exterior can hose it down if it gets dirty too

• Sonia
    last year

Someone on Houzz has recently painted their windows Agate Grey and I think it looks great. It’s a very pale grey with a tiny hint of green. How about painting the render pale pink, with white windows? My friend has done this on her cottage and it looks lovely. This picture below shows a few render colours on houses in a mews near me, so cute!

• Leilah Harmer
    Original Author
    last year

I love these houses! They're So pretty! They have much bigger windows then mine...mine look Diddy in comparison. I wonder if I should somehow do fake shutters to balance it out... Mmmm... (?)... Love the colours you suggest, I will get my colour chart out! TY

• Juliet Docherty
    last year

I'm with Sonia, a dirty pink (not sugary) with off white windows could be nice. https://earthbornpaints.co.uk/choosing-exterior-paint-colours-for-your-property/

• Sonia
    last year

Leila I think outdoor shutters, even if they are not functioning, would look amazing. Very French!

• Leilah Harmer
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you Sonia and Colourhappy!.. Id not even considered a pinky colour! I'm on the Suffolk boarder so could be quite fitting in reference to the link. By any chance would you know the colour? or brand of paint of the house in the pic or similar? I only have a Farrow and Ball and Dulux weathershield colour chart but not seeing anything to match a "dirty pink? Feeling quite excited now to inject some love and colour into our new home!..fake Shutters and all! Thanks so!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.