cazsf

Outdoor layout - a bit stuck!

cazSF
last year

Hello Houzzers!

We have a lovely shaded corner where we’d like to put the hot tub, but would love your help coming up with a layout that allows for some lounging space and possibly a fire pit…

I attach a sketch - it’s not exact, but each little square on the page is approximately 25 cm. The whole space is about 6.7 x 6.3 m. There is a ground-level path along the top of the picture and on the right hand side. The area in question is raised by the two sets of steps and includes a substantial but empty flower bed. The gravel section in the middle is encircled by a York stone path, which I’m loathe to lose, but doesn’t really work. The previous owners simply had a round rattan dining set in the middle but we would prefer to use this space for lounging in the shade on a hot day.

The complication comes with a not insubstantial slope, from the high side on the left of the picture to the low side on the right of the picture – the difference is probably about 15 inches. We want to set the hot tub in the top right hand corner, on top of the flowerbed, digging it in 6 inches on its left-hand side. We’ll replant around the top and right hand edges of the tub, and make the access from the bottom edge.

Because of the overall slope of the area, we are considering quite a large deck for us to be able to put a sofa and chairs close to the hot tub. However, right now, I just can’t see a sensible design that isn’t going to take over the whole area with decking!

The first pic as blank as I can make it showing the constraints of the site, the other two are a couple of ideas I’ve been fiddling with. Creative ideas would be most welcome!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.