rose_williams31

Planting my entrance path dilemma

Rose Williams
last year

Incredibly unusual vines on boundary question.
1. I HAD a boundary wall with ivy growing on it.
2. Neighbour destroyed and removed that wall to the right hand side, which was either mine, or a shared feature.... circumstance and history of property would suggest mine more likely... but would only matter in court.
3. Realising the magnificent mistake, they then built an enormous tall ugly fence a few inches to a foot inside what was thier side of the now missing wall.
4. The land is actually a long footpath entrance to my home, now wider as the original boundary is gone, but the left hand side of it is a horrific chainlink fence I always intended to cover with vines, as I have arches with climbers further along.
5.Yes, I could take them to court for criminal damage, wasting police time calling me a trespasser on my own path, their tresspass, nuisance, other damage left etc...but seems no point. My legal insurance is being unresponsive.
6.Its not my fault I no longer have a wall to attach to, and not my fault they lost land as had to avoid big wall footings with their wooden posts. If they hadn't try to take land they knew wasn't theirs, they could have just attached a fence to the wall.
Question: what if I go ahead and replant on the right. Or, since it's getting vine on the chainlink, I want to continue my climber arches as planned.
Technically, a tiny bit of land that is theirs is now on my side, along with the wall line itself. Can I plant on it?!
Seems highly unfair that it would be normal to not be able to attach anything to their fence, but they stole my wall that I COULD attach to, and ripped everything up!

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.