webuser_925092945

*very* bespoke under stair storage

HU-925092945
last year

Hi everyone,

We have an open space under our staircase in our dining room. The dining room is open plan with the kitchen and living room. There's another door from the hallway which we've currently blocked off.

There is 0 storage anywhere in the house (72m2 in total) and we've rigged a temporary under-stairs storage solution which needs to house - shoes, seasonal coats, bags in regular use, and the dog's stuff. This is a massive improvement from our previous "pile everything on the dog's crate" solution and cost maybe £30 in total but is obviously lacking - we still have nowhere to put our hoover, mops etc., and it's right in the middle of our beautiful living area.

How can we make this more efficient and beautiful? A properly built in solution would have to work around the dog's crate which seems like it would be so bespoke that it would detract from the appeal of the house.

We've considered hanging a nice floaty linen curtain with some fairy lights, hanging plants etc. Would this look good or naff? And how might it work with the sloping ceiling?

What else could we be looking into?

Our budget is approx 1 shoestring but we would invest in the perfect solution

Comments (10)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.