webuser_768402840

Refurbishment update..slow and steady

HU-768402840
last year

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine. Been a while since I posted requesting advice, so here I go

Things are progressing, albeit at a slow pace. When I first met the builder, he promised the work would be completed by 6-8 weeks. It's now into the 8th week and looks like only 40% of the work is done. When I asked him for an end time, his answer was 'Not sure, loads of lads on summer vacations'

That was just before he left for 2-week vacation!

I don't mind actually, as long as the work is safe and sound. That's my main concern, especially since I noticed cracks in the joists after they drilled into them.

Please see some pics enclosed within, any comments would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Mel

Comments (8)

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

Noticed these large cracks, when they drilled the joists to insert the plastic heating pipes.

I did raise it with the builder, who promised to look into them and sister them

when needed. Yet to hear from him

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

They did find cracks in the sunroom wall. Which was uncovered after the decorating wall was taken down. Don't want to be mean but if they cracked d those joists

with bad drilling, why not these cracks with the same?

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

The flooring looks fine, it even seems on an even level, when measured. However the paint job seems a little shabby, I expected the FB India yellow to be much brighter? Maybe there's another, final coat to go?

Plastering, prior to painting, as above

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

Electrical work, I cant comment as I'm no expert

Please see pics within

KR

Mel

• HU-768402840
    Original Author
    last year

At the moment everything seems to have ground to a halt, even the skips have not been emptied last week

Loads of Thistle board finish and multi-finish bags lying around...summer time

• Angie
    last year

I wonder whether the plaster was fully dried and mist coated before painting? Certainly looks as though it needs another coat.

HU-768402840 thanked Angie
  • Sonia
    last year

I agree with Angie, needs another coat of paint. You shouldn’t be able to see what’s underneath.

HU-768402840 thanked Sonia
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.