nicole_manson69

Fence for boundary with public park

Nicole Manson
last year

What is the best fencing option from a security and privacy perspective for a boundary with a public park? Thank you!

Comments (6)

• User
    last year

A thorny evergreen hedge

• PRO
    Carla / kolours.space
    last year

May take a while to be effective though. But clever idea

• PRO
    AGI Landscapes
    last year

6ft close board fence with the rails on the inside and then plant pyracantha to your side.

If kids want to get over they will.

• Eileen Nixon
    last year

Check with your council, they may have a duty of privacy towards you, but plant holly bushes on your side good for Christmas you know.

last year

We have trained roses on the outside of our fence in the lane, beautiful but very thorny, variety Wild Edric. You can also get spiky strips from Jackson’s Fencing to nail on to the top of the fence but you have to put up a warning notice. Trellis on top of the fence adds to the height for privacy and is also difficult to climb over.

• Sonia
    last year

6ft wooden fencing (there are restrictions on height) and then spiky shrubs with thorns should do it!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.