tara_datchens85

Ground floor remodelling - who to consult?

Tara
last year

Hi, we’re planning on remodelling the whole downstairs of our house and I would love to work with someone on this to help us make the best decisions as it will involve moving rooms around, removing windows and placing new ones and creating a new room out of the garage. I was hoping to get some advice and some plans drawn up.
I’m finding it hard to find an architect as non seem to be replying to enquiry forms. We have a builder lined up and are ready to go but I’m wondering is the job not big enough for an architect as we’re not extending or removing any walls. Is there another professional I should be looking at instead?

Comments (3)

• Sonia
    last year

I wonder if a space consultant could help. There is an amazing person on Houzz called Karen of OnePlan who helps with layout ideas? Quite a few members have used her. You can find her under Professionals, along with examples of her work and reviews.

• Sonia
    last year

Here’s a screenshot of OnePlan. Go to Professionals and enter OnePlan in search box.

• katlucy
    last year

If you have a good idea what you would like then I would suggest an architectural technician.

I use them to draw up technical plans and help with submitting plans to planning.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.