igorstrav

Mitsubishi Ecodan R410A Air to Water Heat pump query

Sue D
last year

Can anyone help or advise?

I inherited this Air Source heat pump (see title) when I bought my house last year, It was installed in 2020.

I'm currently having considerable refurbishment works, and my plumbers found the pipework for the installation tricky to understand. Unfortunately Greener Living, who installed the heat pump, were not helpful.

I'm now considering replacing the radiators in the house to the (reportedly) more efficient Low H2O radiators provided by Jaga.

One of the queries Jaga has is what are the Flow and Return temperatures of the Misubishi system I have.

This does not seem to be mentioned in the booklet accompanying the system, except in a very wide range, and since the system has been dismantled/radiators removed during the works, the builders are having difficulties starting it up to measure the temperatures.

I am told that the actual flow and return temps will have been set at the time of installation, and there is no record anywhere of this.

Can anyone help me with advice here? I have tried to get advice both from the original installers and an alternative local company, but it is very difficult.

Can I assume that the temperatures will have been set in the middle of the ranges?

Alternatively, can someone suggest who I should ask - Mitsubishi seem not interested in replying.

Comments (3)

• Sue D
    Original Author
    last year

I should perhaps add, if anyone can give me any guidance on the considerations of the original installers in setting flow and return temps, that'd be really helpful. Are they "generally set at a specific level"?

• K OB
    last year

We were contemplating getting this system installed but didn't for various reasons but I recall it was meant to be based on a 50 degree flow with return being lower (obviously haha).

• Sue D
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you for your reply!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.