sarah_benkwitz

The wall is pink! What do you think?

Sarah Benkwitz
last year
last modified: last year

I’ve painted one side of the room so far. Thanks so much to everyone who gave advice when choosing. What do you think?

I’m seriously second guessing myself because any time I introduce colour, I panic! 😂 When it first went up yesterday I hated it, and this morning I’m less negative. I think it looks alright next to the wallpaper where it’s broken up by the picture, but the wall to the left feels like a lot orangey-pink space. Not sure how I’d lay out pictures to break up the space, or whether it’s a lost cause. Last night I was going to immediately repaint it in something more neutral such as F&B off white or shaded white. It’s so frustrating when youve gone to all the trouble and expense then aren’t convinced!

Also debating on mirror, black or gold…? The space between top of mantle and bottom of picture rail is only 59cm, and it’s tricky to find a mirror small enough, so I think it might have to prop up and go higher.

This is how the colour looks to the eye in this corner, orangey-pink. A touch more orangey in person:

This pic doesnt really capture the orangey tone but gives you a clearer sense of the wall size:

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.