attila31

Any (Long Term) Experiences with Zenith/Tufnol/Trespa HPL Worktops?

Attila
last year
last modified: last year

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has fitted Zenith or Tufnol or Trespa (Solid/Compact Laminate) Countertops and has been using it for a few years now?! (I know it looks wonderful once it's fitted, but I wonder how it performs after it's been used).

Are there any complaints (after a few years of usage) for
- marks/scratches on the top
- chips/breakage on the edges
- problems with undermount sinks
- problems with drainer grooves in the worktop
- or any kind of problems/complaints/regrets in the long run?!

We're strongly considering this Cadeira Zenith Worktop:
https://www.worktop-express.co.uk/solid-laminate-worktops/zenith-worktops/caldeira-zenith-worktops

But I don't see many "Long Term" reviews,
and I don't know if this is because this is a good product and there are now problems with it
- or because there is some issue with it and most people choose a different kind of countertop to install.. :)

Thx in advance!

P.S.: In some places this type of worktop is also called HPL or TUFNOL or TRESPA:
12.5mm thin, Zenith is made up of a black core created from layers of kraft paper impregnated with PHENOLIC RESIN, a decorative paper is then placed on either side along with an overlay paper and impregnated with melamine resin to create a durable, waterproof and stylish worksurface.

Comment (1)

• Daisy England
    last year

We have fitted Zenith once. Customer was happy with it. Haven’t had any further feedback and it has now been installed for around 6 months so I presume all is well and good.

It is a very hard product to cut, so beware.

As an alternative you could look at Fenix, Mirostone, Minerva or Dekton. All these should be fabricated and fitted by qualified fitters.

Attila thanked Daisy England
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.