webuser_663601934

RAL issue with 7038

Hi all. I have a dilemma and I need to make a decision this week. We have a 1990's house that we are getting the front rendered in an off white but leaving some of the cream brick exposed. The roof will remain brown. I need to decide on the RAL colour of the windows. I was thinking 7038 and I bought a tester but there is green in it. I would like a soft warm grey , nothing too dark. It has to be from the RAL colour chart - can anyone suggest anything? Many thanks

Comments (6)

• Sonia
    last year

A picture would help.

• Nicola Forrest
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Sorry I thought had added one. Here you go. So we are keeping the area of cream brick at the top left of the house.

• Ruth House
    last year

Are you thinking light grey?

Ours are RAL 7040 and actually called 'window grey'

• Nicola Forrest
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Thanks Ruth. That looks smart. I have got a tester of that one coming so fingers crossed. It's so hard to make a decision!

• Jo Bloggs
    last year

The downstairs (wooden) door was painted dark brown so I had some paint colour matched to RAL 7044 and painted it myself.

• Jo Bloggs
    last year

Our windows are RAL 7044. Depending on the time if day and aspect of the house they can take on different shades. I read that a colour will appear two shades lighter when used outside and I think that is true so consider that when you are looking at colours swatches

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.