jenna_greenwood24

Removing No More Nails from lvt?

Pineapple
last year

Is there a way to remove no more nails from LVT flooring surface ?

Comments (2)

• K OB
    last year

I have no idea if this would work but my first thought was wait for it to dry completely then gently scrape it off - with a Stanley blade or similar if needed.

• Frank
    last year

On most surfaces, I'd recommend trying a heat gun, but LVT is somewhat sensitive to that; stick to "mechanical means", if you do heat it up, be careful, think hairdryer or hot water, not heatgun.

A small patch you can scrape off gently; White spirit or Petrol don't damage LVT surfaces unless left on for a long time, so one can use those to scrub out any residue (wear gloves).

Other solvents (thinners, paintstrippers or acetone) best avoid, they may etch the surface.

(Source for this info: Polyfloor's "LVT Technical Manual" - it has a page on "Resistance to Chemicals")

And definitely wash it down with neutral floor cleaner afterwards to make sure nothing's left to dry and stain.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.