webuser_820842593

Bungalow Layout for Young Family

D Mac
last year

Hi all,

We live in a decent size bungalow (147sqm) which has had a couple of small extentions by previous owners. We think that whilst the layout is working OK for now, as the family (2 adults, 2 children under 3) grows the layout isn't optimal. We would appreciate some ideas around the following desirables:

Open plan kitchen/living/diner

- we think this might be best out the back of the house to give access to the garden

Master Bedroom with ensuite

Living room (adults only, no toys :) )

- doesn't need to be as large as it currently is

4 bedrooms in total

- 2 decent bedrooms for children

Space for home working (could be within the 4th bedroom)

Appreciate all these might not be possible within a finite budget.

Things to note about existing building

- Sun room (extention) is brick built with windows along exterior walls

- Spare Room (extention) is a strange one. Flat roof timber frame construction

- Loft pitch is shallow, not big enough to stand up fully in. Any extention here would likely need roof height raised and all the planning and difficulties associated. Open to this idea as it would give signicant amounts of additional space but suspect would be on the most expensive of any options.

We are open to a further extentions and expect we will need to give some attention the the current flat roof extention.

I have included some pics to give you an idea of the plot and then a closer look at the house layout. We would appreciate any thoughts the community might have and appreciate your time!

Thanks

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.