webuser_857233681

Rooflights (cleaning and benefits of having opening Velux ones)

Paul
last year

Hi there,

My architect has specc'd in a couple of rooflights in my loft conversion above the staircase and in the ensuite bathroom.

I love the idea of extra natural daylight (as well as showering underneath one) but when I went to see a glazing company they said that chances are they will get dirty pretty quickly and I won't have any way of cleaning them since I can't safely get up on the roof. They suggested I go with a Velux solution instead, which will at least allow me to open them slightly in an attempt to clean.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of either

i) Rooflights which are inacessible for cleaning and whether they have indeed got dirty over time

ii) Velux opening rooflights and whether they open sufficiently to clean in any meaningful way

LINK: VELUX flat roof windows - flat roof daylight solutions

Many thanks,

Paul

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.