steve_hughes97

House reconfiguration. Open plan desire

Steve Hughes
last year

Hello,

We purchased this property in August 2021 with an aim to reconfigure the layout/extend to gain an open plan living/kitchen/dining plus a living room.

We have lived in the house for a decent period to understand it’s perks and deficiencies so are about ready to make the changes but are currently confused as to the best route.

We have 2 young children ( 1.5 and 4) so want to do the usual kitchen tasks etc whilst keeping an eye on them, plus we enjoy communal living but also want to retain some private area as the children grow.

We also like to entertain and like the idea of the kitchen diner.

We are pretty set on the cliché large kitchen island with seating.

At present the(smaller) old living room is a playroom which is great but we feel it’s a lot of m2 to devote purely to a playroom.

Due to the current world situation and rising prices, we are trying to avoid extending and making use of the existing footprint and removing/adding walls as necessary.

We also don’t want to lose anymore garden as we feel it us currently a good size for a young family.

I’ve mocked up a few options which I’ve attached but please offer any comments/criticism/advice to assist.

Budget is approx £45,000.

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Comments (19)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.