kirstyne_obrien

Climbers in tubs to screen oil tank?

K OB
last year

Our oil tank in just inside out front garden wall in a concrete plinth. I'd like to put some trellis on top of the wall and grow something like honeysuckle or clematis to hide the oil tank, but does anyone know of some plants that will give good coverage if grown in a container? Its south facing. Thank you p.s. I'm just learning about gardening so low maintenance is a bonus!

Comments (3)

• Sonia
    last year

Clematis are great in containers. Choose a nice large pot and fill it with good quality peat free compost and don’t forget to keep it well watered. If you want a fast growing, vigorous Clematis then try Clematis Montana. It comes in pink or white flowers and flowers about now. It would also be a good idea to plant an evergreen climber so that it provides cover throughout the winter. Star Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) is lovely. Slow growing but has very fragrant flowers.

• K OB
    Original Author
    last year

Amazing thank you so much and sorry for typos in original message!

• ali270
    last year

South facing containers are always a watering problem and clematis do not like hot roots . I would suggest photinia Red Robin . It’s hardy , evergreen , quick growing , has lovely burnished red leaves in spring and can be cut back if necessary .

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.