webuser_924456534

Mould resistant paint

HU-924456534
2 years ago

Hi all!

So we have a bit of a mould problem in our flat. We are the top floor of three floors, so we have an attic directly above us. Now, I do genuinely believe there are some structural issues at play - we have absolutely had squirrels accessing the attic above us from the outside of the building. Nothing has been done about this as of yet. In most rooms the mould is either in the window frames or located in the very corners of the ceiling, but in general we are told the only solution is to keep our windows open all the time. But anyway, i jusy wanted to give an overview of the mould situation, but I’m bypassing all that for now to focus on the mould issue in our bathroom.

Now, the bathroom is the only room that the mould is actually present on the walls and the ceiling, it really is all over the place and we’ve done our best in the time that we’ve lived here to scrub it down and try and stay on top of it but it does keep coming back. Any time we’ve spoken to our letting agents about it they’ve said, as with the rest of the flat, that we just need to keep the window open, which is fine, but obviously winter has just been, and we couldn’t have the window open the entire time. Just before Christmas they came back to us and offered to get a painter and decorator to paint the walls in mould resistant paint. That was okay for a couple of months, and as i just said, this was over the winter period, so we couldn’t aerate the room as much as we would like and the mould has started seeping back through the paint again. I’ve tried googling the effectiveness of mould resistant paint and I’ve read that it works well, so I can’t understand why this isn’t working. Please excuse my naivety, but once the mould resistant paint is on do you still have to scrub down your walls every other day with mould resistant spray? Or what can we do to prevent more mould coming through? Should we use a better mould resistant paint? Suggestions very much welcome.

Comments (2)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.