joshua_kersh

Narrow terraced house layouts

Joshua Kersh
2 years ago

M

Hi,

moved in to a new terraced house, which is quite narrow.

our issue is the downstairs.

the hallway opens up into the middle room which is knocked into the first reception room.

we use the first reception room as our tv room, and play space for our baby. we can fit in a 3 seat sofa along the hallway wall, and a large chair on the opposite wall. We are restricted with space because of a brick chimney.

Middle room is a mix use room, dinning room table, we use it as a office, daily storage bags, washing baskets and cloth horse.

This room is bigger than the first room, but it acts a walk way into the kitchen and has a bigger chimney.. so overall it’s quite small with limited options.

Having guest round can be a little awkward as seating feels very random and not natural.

So my problem is the middle room, I don’t how to make it more functional. And make the whole space feel more together and usable.

One solution is that we have old garage attached to the house/back of the kitchen.. taking up all our yard space, and my thoughts are to turn it into a office space and utility room with toilet. So This will remove some of the cramped functions for the middle room.. but I’m still confused if that’s the best solution and if there is a more simple option?

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.