webuser_812006157

Biofuel fireplaces

Tom Woolgar
2 years ago

Hi. I am interested in biofuel fireplaces instead of a log burner in my fireplace. I have done some research and like the look of them. Does anyone have one and willing to share their qualities?

Comments (2)

• Jen
    2 years ago

I’ve had a biofuel stove for about five years. Mine came from Imagin fires, and is similar to the Bredon stove which is still available (but rather more expensive these days!) I also have a fake flue. The combination looks smart and convincing, and I’m delighted with it.

The fire does not put out the heat of a woodburning stove, but provides a gentle, comfortable warmth as a secondary heat source. Half a litre of fuel lasts around 2-3 hours - I use Ekofuel, typically at around £2.40 per litre if you buy in bulk.

I have not found any problem with condensation, and there is no smell other than just as the flame burns out.

It’s a lovely feature, and without the hassle and maintenance of a woodburner.

• Jen
    2 years ago

I would add that the flames emerge from a long slot in the cartridge, at least with my stove. It’s possible to buy ceramic pebbles, coals or logs, but I have chosen not to - I like the modern, minimalist look without. You may want to see a biofuel fire before buying to check this is a look you like.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.