trish_twomey32

front porch design help needed

Trish Twomey
2 years ago

We are in the process of finishing our house and our builder didn’t follow the plans for the front porch.
The builder went 220ml higher at the top of the porch than what was on the plans. The house has 100 ml of external insulation so lowering it now would affect the external insulation but we’re now open to any suggestions to improving the appearance of the porch.
We intend to put two bay trees on either side of the porch in the recess and an up/down light above each tree. There will be granite paving at the base of the porch. We are considering putting cedar or larch cladding in the recess surrounding the door.
Should we request the builder to lower the top of the porch or would some sort of design feature such as the cladding in the recess be enough to improve the appearance?

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.