cindy_b77

Help to update Garden tub without removing it, needs fresh tile!!

Cindy B
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a garden tub in my mbr and I still use it several times a week. I thought about updating to a freestanding tub, but that would require lifting the floor (it's sunken) and moving the plumbing. We're trying to stay budget friendly because we'll probably move in a few years. The house is updated enough that a garden tub won't be a deal-breaker. My problem is that the tub has 4" white tile, the floor is a sort of marble look and the vanity top is granite. I think just updating the tub tile to large format tile would update it a lot. I would consider re-configuring the walls/ledges around it, but I don't think I have enough extra floor tile to fill in. I'm trying to figure out what type of tile would work best. While we're at it I'll change the faucet. The vanity faucets and shower door are nickel. The cabinets are dark cherry but I'm going to be ordering new doors for them. The current cabinets are older style with a wide face frame reveal and I'm going to order larger doors. Not sure what color I'll go with but I do want to keep in the wood tones, possibly a bordeaux (similar to current cab and would match the over toilet cabinet) or maybe the colonial.

I can figure out the cabinet color and faucet, but the tile is my issue here. Thanks for any suggestions!! By the way, the tub is in very good condition.

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.