kavanaa1

New build entrance ideas

Alan Kavanagh
2 years ago

Hope to get some ideas for our entrance!
House built in 2020 and we put an automatic gate in early for security hung on 2 creosote electric poles the builder had left.
Ideally there would be a way to incorporate the poles and gate into a new entrance but yet to see how. Had a local builder out to quote a simple rendered block wall with granite caps and said it would need to be taken down and put back on new pillar (would need gate installer to reinstall, $$$).
That problem aside any ideas welcome. Main issue with rendered walls is our house is quite heavily rendered already. A stone wall or simple fence and hedge are what i am currently thinking of. We live on a country lane busy with walkers so privacy important too. In built lighting would should be possible from existing power supply.
Thanks for any ideas you might have

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.