sara_garnett

How to fix my push in flusher on my very old toilet system

Sara Garnett
2 years ago

Hi all, hoping someone can help. Recently moved into my first home and the bathroom is aging quickly! recently the flusher on the system has broken off and i cant figure out how to fix it. any ideas? Hoping to save it for a little longer as we’ll get the bathroom replaced next year. attached photos id be very grateful for any help!

Sara

Comments (3)

• Angie
    2 years ago

Have you tried putting the narrower end of the spring into the bit which is still in the cistern, then the wide end of the black piece onto the spring, and finally the push button onto that? I’m guessing you’d need some glue somewhere in there or the button won’t stay on the middle piece, but worth testing it first. I can’t tell from the picture, but is the button on top of the cistern, or on the front? Gravity might make it more challenging if on the front! If you can’t get it to work, you may be able to get a new part without needing the replace the whole cistern.

• Sarah L
    2 years ago

It might be easier to just buy a replacement button, if you know the make of syphon.

• Sonia
    2 years ago

I would take the part to a plumbers merchant who can supply a new part assuming it still exists.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.