alison_cuthbert83

Advice please for paving colour for patio in front of small summerhous

Alison Cuthbert
2 years ago

Thinking of grey for patio paving but not sure . Garden measures 11m wide 7 metres from raised bed to rear fence. also planning small patio for corner with sand pile evening sun and usually have a swing seat there.

Any other suggestions for deisgn will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation. Alison

Comments (7)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

I would suggest grey too. Goes well against the red shade.

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

I think grey too! Last month we had a small patio put around our shed too. I really struggled to find slabs that I liked. In the end we went with these - they are actually concrete (which I wanted because the patio sits level with my grass and I didn’t want lawn feed to stain). My landscaper said they were fab to lay, and they match my real stone main patio really well. https://www.castacrete.co.uk/Decorative-Concrete-Paving/Courtyard-Paving-Collection/Old-Grey

• Alison Cuthbert
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you. These are really lovely and contrast well with the wall. Week try to get a sample locally.  Enjoy your new patio.

• Sarah U-S
    2 years ago

They are sold through the Stonecraft paving centres - locations are here: https://www.stonecraftpaving.co.uk/contact-us
    They’re an absolute bargain - I think they were about £27 a square metre, which is really cheap!!! As I say, our landscaper was really impressed. We went to see them in one of the shops - they actually looked much darker on the display. The sales guy assured me that they would be lighter like their photo - and he was right. They look great!

• Sonia
    2 years ago

I think grey would go well. Indian sandstone is a lovely paving and comes in many natural shades including grey. Whatever you choose make sure you see the paving for real. Glossy brochures can make paving look better than it really is! Quality can vary a lot too which is reflected in the price. There is a fab garden paving retailer called The Rockery that has a huge display. They are based in Bedfordshire.

• Alison Cuthbert
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks Daisy it sure isn't ready when there is so much choice.

• Alison Cuthbert
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oops - thanks Sonia not used to using this app so aplogies if my replies go to wrong person. Live in Scotland  not many displays available unfortunately so appreciate your photos and advice.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.