nikki_stevenson59

KutchenHaus, Kesseler and others - Kitchen supplier recommendations

Nikki Stevenson
2 years ago

Hello all,

Firstly Happy New Year and thanks for all your recent advice on layout for my soon to be new kitchen/diner space.

I would now like to call upon any experiences or recommendations from KutchenHaus, Kesseler and other similar kitchen companies that fall into that price bracket.

A few days ago I visited a very large national kitchen showroom to try and get some door/worktop design inspiration and after trying to fend off at least 7 different members of staff that didn’t want me to walk around without them attached to me expressing how amazing everything was I left feeling a bit deflated, even with the mass of options they had on display.

While on the way home I remembered that there was a fairly new ‘KutchenHaus’ showroom close-by so called in and instantly clicked with the whole experience, from a kitchen that I loved, the knowledge of the designer and the brief chat we had, the non-pushy approach of them and the fact they had Bora and Elica Hobs in stock to view and actually see in use.

Whilst I am currently awaiting the first stage of their design process to come through, I’m not one to take the first option without exploring others especially due to the cost of the project.

So when I got home I had a look at other companies that were national but slightly smaller in scale and Kesseler caught my eye. I really like the look of what I’ve seen from the digital brochure and their Vanquish Handless kitchen is the style i’d go for, but I can’t find an awful lot about them online apart from the odd review here and there (which is all refreshingly positive).

Does anyone have any experience with Kesseler, good or bad, and a rough guide for costing a kitchen from them (I know that can vary massively), as their brochure states ‘from £15,000’ but I’m not sure what that includes (appliances, sinks, taps or just units and worktop).

Similarly if anyone has any experiences with KutchenHaus that would be great to hear.

Finally, are there any other companies out there that I’m missing which would be comparable. I’m looking at handless designs so the traditional only companies wouldn’t be of interest.

Many thanks in advance

Comments (23)

• Jonathan
    2 years ago

I have a Leicht kitchen and someone I know recently had costings from both Kutchenhauss and Leicht and apparently they were similar.

I suspect a £15k kitchen will be modest in size and come with laminate worktops and a cheap oven and hob. If you want some of the things that make it a luxury kitchen then the price tag will most likely be £25k-£45 depending on size and spec

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Thanks for the reply Jonathan.

That £25k-£45k definitely prices me out of the higher end of the market which is good to know so I don’t lust over websites that aren’t in my budget!

On speaking with the Kutchenhaus designer, all be it not an in-depth design he pointed out that the kitchen in the showroom that I liked was costed at around £18k. That’s with a run of units with separate island, Granite worktops, Neff Oven and Microwave, Bora venting Hob and everything that made that kitchen up including motorised top unit doors and customisable intergrated LED lighting all around. That surprised me, and I don’t know if that figure was given to entice me before hitting me with an extra £10k after being hooked in, but time will tell. I hadn’t mentioned a figure of mine either so he put that number across to me without knowing my budget.

Be interesting to see when I go through the actual design with them.

• Jonathan
    2 years ago

That sounds like an amazing/ unbelievable price. I would be interested about what price it ends up as.

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yeah it shocked me, but like I said it was just an initial chat so I’m sure costs will creep up the more in-depth I go, but it at least kept me hopeful.

It’s not a large kitchen though so it may be seen as a lot for a kitchen that size, I haven’t had enough experience with other kitchen suppliers and designs to know (pictures of the one they had on display that he costed).

I’ll try and keep the thread updated to try and give people a better idea on costings.

• PRO
    Proyectoszeza
    2 years ago

A kitchen depends on principles that are exit of smoke, exit of dirty water and entrance of clean water, electricity connections.

Based on that, the kitchen will have to be distributed if you are clear about the colors and styles that you would like, see the kitchen in 3D contact me.

But first I invite you to enter my portfolio, and see some of my 3D designs.

Portfolio

• hedgehog99
    2 years ago

I can’t really comment other than to say a bora venting hob is around £3k (depending on the length of ducting required. So it feels unlikely that the hob could be included at that price- but worth you getting a firm quote for what you want, to see how it works out!

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hedgehog99 It’s funny you say that, that was my exact reaction “And including the hob?!”, but yes you’re absolutely right, a firm quote is needed so it will be an interesting next conversation

• Andy Greenwood
    2 years ago

Hi Nikki,

I could have written your original post/question myself as I am currently going thru exactly the same process having visted Magnet, Howdens and Kutchenhaus. I also very much like Kutchenhaus and am impressed with the quality compared to the others. I'm awaiting an initial quote but suspect it will be expensive. I did some investigation and turns out Kutchenhaus is a franchise which supply Nobilla kitchens. So if you Google Nobilla you will find other suppliers of the same kitchens at cheaper prices (I have yet to prove this as still awaiting quotes, but believe this to be the case). Hope this helps and good luck.

• hedgehog99
    2 years ago

@Andy Greenwood yes I think this is correct - I did some research about a year ago and found the same, though I always find it confusing as to whether a brand of kitchen just refers to the doors, or to the doors and carcasses.

We got a quote from Kutchenhaus a bit over a year ago. We'd gone in store just because we were passing, and an in-store display was quoted at around £18k, about the same size as we were looking for but I don't remember what worktops/hob etc it had. Our final quote came to about £24k inc appliances (inc Bora hob) which was more than I expected but probably a reasonable amount for the quality level (and in fact we've ended up spending more sourcing our kitchen, appliances and worktop from different places). I didn't go with Kutchenhaus for two reasons: firstly I found the range of doors quite restrictive - I wanted a real wood veneer on some of the cabinets, and they only did faux wood - and secondly I found it a bit frustrating to be given a single package price as I like to fiddle with a quotation and see what the impact of minor changes is, myself (especially when it comes to the organisational bits and pieces inside the cabinets). I didn't like the idea of all the to-ing and fro-ing which would be involved with getting the whole package requoted in order to adjust it to a price/design we were happy with. But that's just me, I'm probably a control freak :)

They get very good reviews and I think the quality is very good, as long as you go for the higher-quality options (eg sinks and such like). I believe they do a matt door which is fingerprint-resistant, which is probably a good investment given the length of a thread on Houzz about how to clean fingerprints off matt doors from other kitchen suppliers!

• hedgehog99
    2 years ago

PS only just writing that longer reply now as didn't have time for that long explanation when I posted earlier about the Bora hob!

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Andy,
    I just popped into KutchenHaus on a whim too and my kitchen cabinetry requirements would be more than their display kitchen that I liked (pics above) and that apparently came in at 18k so I suspect quite a bit more to add on top for my quote. I have an actual design appointment with them on Sunday so I’ll hopefully come back here with some more costs that may be useful for you.

HedgeHog99
    It sounds like either all the kitchens there being similar size means similar costs, or they’ve plucked the £18k figure out of the air as their ‘go-to’ starting price when people enquire.

They did seem like good quality to be fair and so liked the design and little touches more than I’ve seen at the likes of Wren and Magnet for example. I too like to fiddle myself with different options to find a happy medium, I have done the same on the DIY Kitchens planner so I like to have some involvement and see prices alter as I go so I hope it’s not the same experience for me as you had when I go for the design on Sunday.

I have last night seen that Rotpunkt is available in my local Leekes store so I’ll be calling there for a quote also as I’ve heard they are good quality although I suspect from what I’ve read online maybe a little more expensive than Nobilla.

Handleless Matt is what I’m going for so I hope their anti-finger print coating is good or my boy will create his own unique design once their installed!

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 years ago

@Nikki Stevenson @Andy Greenwood

With the german kitchen brands they tend to use their own cabinets so its a complete kitchen, this can, on occasion, cause issues if you receive any damaged units, especially if you've waited 4-6 weeks for the goods and have everone ready to start, not really a problem if its a door but if its a cabinet or a decor panel between units then it can be a real headache. The other thing I've noticed with german kitchens is they don't have a wide range of colours to choose from which i think for the price is dissapointing as you do see the carcase colour between the doors and under the wall units, before you open the door. https://www.kitchenfindr.co.uk/how-do-nobilia-kitchens-compare-with-other-german-kitchen-brands/ Some though do have the units edged to match door colours i believe. Nobilia, I believe are considered in germany at the lower end of their market, more of a shed's level of kitchen-we just pay more in the uk because its 'german'

Lots of independants (like myself) source our cabinets from many UK manufacturers and depending on customer budget, I use 3 suppliers, a national company that has units in stock for a 3 day delivery, a built up flat pack supplier (you pay to have the cabinets assembled before delivery) with delivery about 10 days in about 20 colours and then a rigid bespoke supplier who I can specify how i want my unit made, to what size and any extra's I need and this is in about 100 colours and woodgrains and with all Blum soft close ironmongary and with the option to have the doors delivered all fitted. Which IMHO, is as good if not better than a german made cabinet, this is a local company to me but with a national delivery and if any damage then i get replacements out in 3 days. As an ex installer I design my own cabinets with the intent of making it easier for the fitter.

If you're after a handleless kitchen, there's 3 types to consider, 'tip on' where you push the door/drawer and it springs open (limitations with appliances and wire works) and you lose the soft close hinges, J profile where the door has a deep J profile handle if its painted and lacquered, avoid the foil wraps (no handle rail grip) and make it 22mm and not the 19mm cut and edged doors.

Then you have the 'german' true handleless doors that have the gola handle rail cut into the cabinet, this is popular at wren and magnet but i don't think diy kitchens do them. These have a multitude of options with different coloured handle rails, matching coloured plinth and as its usually a flat slab 18mm door so there's a huge choice. For anti fingerprint there's serica boards and the more expensive (but really nice) italian fenix (can be used for worktops as well), there's now a few shaker door versions on the market as well in a true handleless style. There's a long thread about dark matt doors and fingerprints on Houzz where people have issues with trying to clean their doors from fingerprints https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/4021856/cleaning-matt-kitchen-cupboards#27440158 you might find interesting, i did post on their about a cleaning product from Unika for matt laminate doors.

If you want any technical info about true handleless, help with your design and any alternative quotes please just send me a msg from my houzz page.

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Lifestyle Kitchens,

Thank you for your message, I sent you a private message at the end of last week to speak further about your initial post that you made in the thread so please get back to me when you can and we can have a chat about the possibility of seeing what we can do with my space.

Thanks
    Nikki

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

P.S how do you tag people in conversation on these threads? Tried the usual @, doesn’t seem to work on the app

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Nikki Stevenson

Hi Nikki, sorry about not picking up your private message, I really can't find it and i've looked through all my email accounts, spam and deleted folders, checked if i'm getting msg's and it appears to work, could you resend it plz and to lifestylekitchensuk@outlook.com or call on 07976706073 and we can have a chat.

I use my pc or laptop and use @ and start typing the name exactly (inc capitals and spaces) as I see on my screen and I get a drop down menu of suggestions, tried it on my android phone and its not the same, no drop down menu appeared as i was typing.

cheers

James

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks for the reply James, I’ve just emailed you.

Ah maybe I can’t tag using the app then (iPhone), never mind.

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 years ago

@Nikki Stevenson

Hi Nikki

Sorry i haven't got the email, but i know why as i had a typo and i missed out an 's' so my email should read as lifestylekitchensuk@outlook.com or just give me a call.

cheers

James

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

That’s ok James, I re-sent the email over the weekend to the correct one.

• PRO
    Pennine Plus
    2 years ago

Speak to @Pennine Kitchen Designs. They know their stuff!

• PRO
    Pennine Kitchen Designs
    2 years ago

Thank you @Pennine Plus.

Yes, we are independent kitchen designers that use Nobilia (Kutchenhaus) kitchens exclusively. We did a lot of research before we set up comparing various different manufacturers and chose Nobilia as we felt it offered the best quality versus price. And we haven't been disappointed. The products and service from them are excellent. Our installation partners CJS Limited, now say they won't use any other kitchens (or designers!).

Feel free to call if you would like to find out more. Our number is 01535 282021.

• Nikki Stevenson
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Andy Greenwood Hi Andy, not sure if you've already chosen your kitchen supplier but I've had a quote through today from kutchenhaus. If you wanted to get an idea of figures I'd be happy to send some pics of the design and price over. It is a first draft quote but may give you an insight all the same. Give me a private message if so, I did try to message you but could not see the option to message (my account wouldn't allow people to message me but I've just changed the settings in my profile).

• Em B
    last year

Hi Nikki I’m interested to know if you’re original 18k quote remained the same? We could probably stretch to that figure but no more so don’t want to be wasting my time or theirs if the ‘add Ons’ raise the total finished price. Would be interested to know your thoughts . Thanks

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.