soles61

plywood shelves for spare room/office

Derdriu Campbell
2 years ago

HI All

I am looking for some advice with regard to putting up plywood shelves for my home office. I wanted to know what type of plywood would be best for shelves to carry books and folders.

Comments (6)

• Derdriu Campbell
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Cheers much appreciated for getting back and for your advice.

• Wumi
    2 years ago

2nd birch ply wood, specificially and I would opt for at least B/B grade from a local timber yard. I have 23mm in my living room for book and vinyl finished with a few light coats of pure tung oil. If you don’t want it to amber (as birch naturally does) I would oft for a polyurethane finish or Osmo oil/wax blend

Derdriu Campbell thanked Wumi
  • Derdriu Campbell
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you Wumi i will certainly bear that in mind when doing my shelves. Thanks again much appreciated getting back to me.

• PRO
    Organise Space
    last year
    last modified: last year

I would use faced birch ply for this.

there are so many excellent board processing plants in and around London now I would not consider cutting a project like this myself...

I used https://cworkshop.co.uk/ for these two projects

White faced birch ply · More Info

Design studio London · More Info

Derdriu Campbell thanked Organise Space
  • Derdriu Campbell
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

Thanks Organise Space for the advice and pics and link, but i live in Glasgow so need to find somewhere close by that does a similar thing here in Scotland. Thanks for replying.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.