isabell_britsch

Help with small bathroom access and layout

Isabell Britsch
2 years ago

We’re hoping to re-do our bathroom in a 2-bed flat in a Victorian terrace. We put the current bathroom into the second bedroom when we moved in 14 years ago, as the only other bathroom is 1.5 floors down.

It’s important to bear in mind with everything that all the plumbing is on the outside wall (behind current toilet and shower) and can’t be changed.

Originally I had the idea of having a bathroom on the landing, so as not to take away space from the bedrooms. I guess this is completely out of the question (or at least prohibitive cost-wise) due to the drains being far too far away (they are on the outer wall by the current toilet)?

So then with the current layout, my preferred option would be to enter the bathroom from the landing, rather than from the 2nd bedroom. Is there any way to do that without losing too much / even more space in the 2nd bedroom? (Of course the staircase is in the way here…)

Is there a way to increase the shower size, e.g. by extending the shower to include where the toilet is and move the toilet next to the basin?

Any other clever ideas?

Thank you very much

(sorry about low quality floor plan).

Bathroom dimensions are 2.0 x 1.3m (marked in red).

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.