webuser_383085

Living room layout dilemma

K Moon
2 years ago

We've recently moved into our forever home and I'm finding the living room layout tricky...and could really use some fresh ideas.
It needs to accommodate a home office and musical instruments (as we only have a kitchen diner downstairs).
Not in a position at the moment to replace furniture to better fit the space (but open to suggestions, the kids want an corner sofa).
The carpet was already here and underneath is beech laminate.
Thought about mounting tv on chimney-breast but it's plasterboard, and not sure if heat from log burner would cause a problem.
The room lacks lots of natural light. And the sofa currently blocks window access. And layout feels like a corridor. We've tried tv near fireplace but then it feels too big (picture 3 and 4).
Any suggestions welcomed 🙏 my husband is fed up with me wanting to change layout every other weekend 😆
Room size 4.72m x 3.43m, alcove on left is slightly smaller in width

Comments (21)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.