webuser_114084754

A jiggle and a zhoosh... Living room colour and layout dilemma

Hello, I am looking for some advice regarding paint colours and the layout of my living room.

As the pictures show, the lounge is currently painted in a pale grey with darker grey walls at either end of the room. I cannot bear the grey any longer and wish to create a warm but light space.

Initially we thought about painting the whole room pure white, but I think that may be a little stark. The room is south facing but there is limited light, so the opposite end of the room can be dark.

Some colour inspiration as well as placement if more than one colour is to be used would be very welcome.

Consideration also needs to be given to the opening to the kitchen and the colour needs to flow. The colour now is a grey/brown with mauve hue... I’ve not liked it since the moment it was done so am looking to change this also. Having the gloss kitchen with black sparkle floor i feel limits the options. I'd like to paint this white but am unsure if that will show the age of the cupboards if they have yellowed slightly? Unfortunately, a new kitchen isn't within budget.

The other dilemma I have is the layout of the room - am I maximising its potential or can fresh eyes see a benefit to having a different configuration?

I very much appreciate you taking the time to read my post and am grateful for any advice you may be able to give.

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.