webuser_953938384

Redesign from an estate agent plan

R-J
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have a floorplan of my house-to-be from the agents website. I want to erase walls and move doors on this plan to advise an architect. I can convert my image to bmp or pdf or whatever, does anyone know of a simple programme or interactive website where I can do this? It doesn't have to be to scale, I'm not trying to do their work for them!

Comments (7)

• R-J
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you, but even that sounds a bit complicated because I still can't use the document I have, I must first re-create it. In the end I may have to fall back on pen - ink - and the photocopier. Do they still sell Tip-Ex? 😁

• cannonja
    2 years ago

Use a pencil and graph  paper if available 

Otherwise use a scale rule , nothing fancy , most designs are captured by pencil first then amended and taken to Autocad or Revit for example 

Room dimensions are the most critical aspect of design,  and think about living in the space

Practicalities,  distance to bathrooms from living room, storage, space for plumbing system etc furniture placement,  door location,  all needs consideration

R-J thanked cannonja
  • rinked
    2 years ago

Gimp.

R-J thanked rinked
  • R-J
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wow, that's the business, thank you so much! I can get to work on that. Worked out how to save them, really grateful, do you give lessons? 😁 😇

• rinked
    2 years ago

Haha no I don't give lessons.

And you're welcome.

R-J thanked rinked
  • PRO
    Jikoo Digital
    2 years ago

I can refer you to www.jikoodigital.com, they have tones of illustrative tools and excellent support unite that might just help you in your research anyway. They are more of a research marketing firm but still have a run with them and see. I got help from them by sending a support mail. I was looking for a site that designed cuttings online and they helped me out.

R-J thanked Jikoo Digital
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.