webuser_532590514

Help with awkward bedroom layout and built-in storage

HU-532590514
2 years ago

Hi, we have a decent sized bedroom but an awkward layout because of the position of the door, window and alcove. We've considered many options for the bed position but this is the only one that makes sense (especially as I don't want it pushed against the wall). Trouble we're having now is where to put a built in wardrobe. It makes sense to have it in the alcove because this is the done thing, but we'd have to push the bed right toward the door and this would still only allow a 40cm gap between the bed and the wardrobe so we'd need a special door solution (such as bi-fold or sliding) and the bed would overlap the wardrobe. We will be getting the entrance door direction changed, so there's that at least. The other option is to have it at the bottom of the bed, facing the bed. I worry that this might appear to be looming over the bed and might appear odd to others / future buyers that the alcove wasn't used. It would also still be quite close to the bed too so would likely still require a bespoke door solution or more doors to decrease the size... Basically, help me please! I've attached a very crude floor plan to help illustrate the issue.

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.