webuser_205636304

Design ideas for living room

HU-205636304
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello all!

First time posting so apologies for any bad etiquette!

We have just bought a house with some quirky design choices for room layouts. We are stuck with the best way to lay out the living (which should be the easiest of the rooms!)

Features:

* Sliding glass doors (left on image) looking out to country style garden (ideally a shared focal point)

* Fireplace off-centre (top of image)

* Long radiator in centre of the wall (bottom of image, opposite fireplace)

* No direct source of natural light - the sliding doors lead to the conservatory/extension that brings in the natural light

We wanted to make it a cosy room with seating, and have found the sliding doors and fireplace fight for focal point, and ideally would like to avoid blocking the radiator completely.We were considering making the wall with the fireplace a dark blue (such as Hague Blue) and the other walls light grey (such as Polished Pebble)Layout we are still not sure about though - perhaps a corner sofa-esque arrangement in the bottom right corner?We are getting lost in ideas and any help much appreciated! (I uploaded a photo taken before we bought the house taken from the entrance door)

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.