webuser_148829428

How to get rid of moss/slime from backyard permanently. Please advise.

Claire Mcinerney
2 years ago

Hi guys, I need some advice. My backyard has a tap (it needs replaced) it has always left slimy moss or whatever it is called. I rock power hose, but after a week the entire back yard lookish greenish. Even 1 or 2 broken bits of the bottom of the walls.

I am a whizz at powerhosing, I can always get the green off including the bricks but excluding the drip tap slime. The bottom of the border and then a little higher on wall. This leads to baby flies coming up the wall. I do have a dog but her mess is cleaned instantly and it has been a problem pre-dog.

so my weapons against my opponent have include powerhosing, jeyes fluid, dettol straight, soda crystals, vinegar of course,, something special my dad gave me.I have caustic soda left. I have scrubbed, even used electric scrapper.

Any ideas?

or does anyone think tarmacking it might keep it down?

The tap needs changed I know that.

Comments (6)

• Claire Mcinerney
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Bump

• Sonia
    2 years ago

There are several moss killers you could try. Moss and algae thrives in wet, dank and shady areas. It rarely grows in sunny spots. So…….get that tap replaced and then purchase some moss killer, there are loads online.

• Claire Mcinerney
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you very much. Your advice is what I know (replace tap) but hearing it from another person just gives me a good shake. thank you.

• Sonia
    2 years ago

Replacing an outside tap isn’t a huge cost so worth calling a plumber. 😊

• Claire Mcinerney
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Do you think it is doable myself?

• Sonia
    2 years ago

I wouldn’t but then I’m pretty rubbish at DIY. The only thing I would worry about is if the pipework is corroded so that needs replacing too and may need soldering. Certainly worth having a look on YouTube?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.