webuser_734251201

Built-in wardrobe fixtures

Stephen Hall
2 years ago

I have been looking at lots of options to fit out two awkward built-in wardrobes in my daughter's new bedroom, and I'd really appreciate any suggestions or experiences.
The doors are not full height, and slightly narrower than the wardrobes. Worse, there are pipes underneath plinths that can't be moved, so the first 43cm is dead space.
Unfortunately there is a lot of pressure on the space as my daughter has a lot of clothes (and toys) and there's no room for a separate freestanding piece of furniture in the room.
I wanted to put in/adapt a standard post and beam or other standard storage solution, but nothing I've tried seems to work. The best I can come up with is fixing Malm drawers securely and arranging for made to measure shelves above for one wardrobe; and the other being hanging space.
Elvari might have worked, but there's not enough height and the posts can't be cut easily. SpacePro (Relax) drawers are just too wide (90cm, only 86-87cm with the doors fully opened).

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.